Monday, April 9, 2012

One county, one town, one way to secure our future

Think The Trentonian’s plan to reorganize Mercer County is good? Bad? Meh? Well, let me tell you what I think: I think it doesn’t go far enough.



  • You ask me, it’s no great surprise the Princetons decided to merge. While no hard and fast statistics can back me up, I’d wager the average IQ out in Ivyland is higher than the average anywhere else around these parts. And so, after some 60 years of talking about it, the township and the borough merged. Why? Because they’re smart enough to realize merging is better than not merging. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but definitely for the long term.

  • Which is why I continue to call for merging the entirety of Mercer County into one government entity, population 366,789, which would make us the 50th largest city in America, slightly ahead of Arlington, Texas and just below Wichita, Kansas.

  • Why should we do this? I have three reasons.

  • Follow this link to check out Jeff's plan.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment